The Independent Variable
🔗 Sources: Bulls start search to hire top executive
3 April 2020
Among the Bulls’ initial plans will be to seek permission to interview Denver Nuggets general manager Arturas Karnisovas and Toronto GM Bobby Webster, among other candidates, sources told ESPN.
Chicago ownership has discussed the plan with Executive VP of Basketball Operations John Paxson and GM Gar Forman, sources said. Paxson is likely to continue in an advisory role with the franchise; there are expected to be more ownership conversations with Forman about his future too, sources said.
As someone in the market for a job, I’d like to throw my hat into the ring.
First orders of business:
- Exile GarPax from the entire state of Illinois. No advisory roles needed. Thank you, buh-bye.
- Bye bye Boylen. You’ve caused as much pain as GarPax in such a short span of time.
- Ship LaVine. He’s played well, but he’s not a piece to build around and needs the ball too much not to be a superstar. Try to get a role player who plays on both sides and a late first rounder?
- Find a players coach, that can mold young players.
- Kenny Atkinson
- Dave Joeger
- David Fizdale
- Jerry Stackhouse
- Actually interview candidates from good coaching trees and don’t hand out a long contract to someone like Boylen.
- Get Noah and Rose back to Chicago.
- Snag some players from the Nets. Allen, LeVert, young guys who can contribute and are in sticky situations.
Thank you to the Reinsdorf family, I’ll be waiting for my contract in the mail.