Arrest the Cops Who Shot Breonna Taylor and Jacob Blake
🏀 Bulls vs. San Antonio Spurs - Live Weblog
November 26, 2018
Haven’t gotten to watch the Spurs yet this season. I know they haven’t been what they used to but it’s always nice to see a Pop coached team. Bulls still without Markkanen and Dunn.
- 19:12 - Bulls start the game posting Carter up on Aldridge but Aldridge gets the quick strip. Next possession down Carter converts for two to be the first to score tonight.
- 19:18 - LaVine makes a beautiful cross court pass to Holiday, leading him to his spot, and meeting him at the numbers to knock down the three.
- 19:26 - Holiday offensive rebound leads to a monstrous LaVine dunk to even the score at 22.
- 19:35 - Holiday hits a tough three to take the lead with 12 seconds left, only for Gay to come down and knock down a floater to even it up again.
Spurs 27-27 Bulls
- 19:42 - For the life of me, I never thought Rudy Gay was the type of guy to become a Spur. He’s seemingly fit in though, and has been pretty good these past couple of seasons. DeRozan on the other hand, looks and plays like a Spur.
- 19:48 - Arci with a nice play getting the steal in the backcourt and taking it all the way for a layup to close the gap to two.
- 19:51 - DeRozan makes those spin move finishes just outside the paint look so effortless.
- 19:54 - Carter gets the mismatch in Forbes and takes it right to him, hitting the little floater close to the basket right over him.
- 19:56 - Carter needs to be stronger with the ball when receiving passes close to the rim. LaVine hit him with a nice pass, but he got stripped as he tried to come up with it.
- 19:57 - Holiday gets five straight points to give the Bulls a lead.
- 20:00 - Hutchison comes up with the airball and lays it in with nine seconds left in the half, cutting the Spurs lead down to two again.
- 20:02 - A big part of LaVine’s fast start was based on shot selection. It’s usually terrible, but it surprisingly wasn’t at the beginning of the season. He got to the basket a lot and was shooting a decent volume of threes. Lately, he has reverted back to the mean, taking garbage, off-balance mid-range shots. Shot selection is the difference between a 20 point scorer and a 30 point scorer.
Spurs 52-50 Bulls
- 20:29 - A little bit of back and fourth happening as both teams are running with a lot of pace attacking the basket with purpose.
Spurs 80-83 Bulls
- 20:46 - I have a feeling this will be the moment the Spurs run away with this one. Belinelli just hit a three to go up 91-88 with eight minutes left. It’s all downhill from here.
- 20:50 - I might be wrong. It looks like LaVine really wants this one. He’s had five straight for the Bulls here.
- 20:51 - Another jumper for LaVine. He’s scored the Bulls last seven now.
- 20:52 - Aaaaaaand another jumper! This was the first bad decision of the four shots, but it went it… Heat check mode. 🔥
- 20:56 - Two free throws gives LaVine the Bulls last eleven points.
- 20:57 - After LaVine showed he was hot, Jabari decided it was time to bring the ball up and attack without passing. Surprised it didn’t work out… 🙄
- 21:00 - Tough jumper doesn’t go this time for LaVine. Jabari ends up with the rebound, kicking back out to LaVine who missed a three.
- 21:01 - Aldridge takes Lopez to the basket easily for a big dunk. Puts the Spurs up 108-101.
- 21:02 - Jabari finds Arci for the three! Holiday comes up with the errant Spurs pass!
- 21:03 - LaVine had a great opportunity after getting the defender to fall for the pump fake and stepping through but couldn’t finish.
- 21:03 - Another three for Arci cutting it to one with 35 seconds left.
- 21:05 - With twelve seconds left, LaVine called off the screen from Carter, waved everyone out of the lane, and took a terrible deep three…
- 21:06 - Arci comes up with the late steal on the inbound, but misses the last second attempt (was probably too late anyways).
- 21:06 - That last shot from LaVine was just awful. On the positive side, maybe he’s helping the mission to tank.
Spurs 108-107 Bulls