Arrest the Cops Who Shot Breonna Taylor and Jacob Blake
✖︎ Bulls @ Pelicans - Live Weblog 🏀
November 7, 2018
Doing another live weblog after trying it this past Saturday for the Liverpool game partly because I’ve built some Drafts action to create and then append. So hopefully it works as planned. I still am not sure what I want to use in terms of using current time or game time, but that’s not too big of a deal.
- 19:14 - Hate seeing Mirotic hit a three for the first basket of the game. I was a bit proponent for getting rid of him.
- 19:15 - Solid cut from Carter Jr. followed by a good stand against Davis down low. That’s what I love to see.
- 19:20 - Kris Dunn cannot come back soon enough. Payne with the super sloppy turnover, doesn’t get back on D, leading to a wide open 3 for Wesley Johnson.
- 19:24 - Arci should start over Payne. He helps distribute to the guys who are paid to score. He makes good decisions. And he plays hard on D. None of those things can be said of Payne.
- 19:30 - Blakeney can definitely get buckets. I agree with Stacey King, he can become our Lou Williams/Jamal Crawford if he can become consistent. Maybe get a little stronger too so he can take it inside occasionally.
- 19:35 - Fraizer to Davis for the reverse alley-oop over Jabari Parker 😳. Followed by a quick bucket where Jabari plays absolutely no helpside defense 🙄.
✖︎ Q1 ✖︎
Bulls 26 - 29 Pelicans
- 19:39 - I’d like to see Hutchison take that three. He’s wide open with no one near. Instead he gives it to LaVine for a contested jumper (he did make it at least).
- 19:46 - Bulls are just playing too much 1-on-1 basketball. Three possessions in a row. The last one LaVine drives, gets blocked leading to a fast break where Moore is able to finish an and-1 over Hutchison.
- 19:54 - Would you look at that! Five nice, quick passes around the perimeter leads to an easy three for Holiday. And next possession down, the lane opens up for an alley-oop to Carter.
✖︎ HALFTIME ✖︎
Bulls 50 - 58 Pelicans
- 20:19 - Holiday finally got to touch the ball on a defensive rebound and just said “my turn now”. At least he made the shot…
- 20:20 - Should’ve prefaced that with Justin, to avoid confusion with Jrue.
- 20:28 - I think Hoiberg might’ve just gotten T’d up as it went to commercial. Hard to tell so I could be wrong.
- 20:29 - Wesley Johnson looks good for NOLA. He seems to still have a tendency to dissapear, but if AD and Jrue actively try to get him involved he could be the missing piece they’ve been looking for.
- 20:38 - I was right Hoiberg did get a technical after Carter Jr. kept getting hit and then called for a tricky tack foul.
- 20:41 - LaVine did a great job at using his body to shield himself that time when taking it in at AD. The last time he tried AD swatted it away.
- 20:45 - I thought LaVine learned his lesson but he took it right at AD again and got it swatted away.
- 20:46 - AD is down on the ground. Looks like he just got hit in the face, but he’s been down for awhile now.
Bulls 72 - 85 Pelicans
- 20:52 - Mirotic just tried to pass the ball to the Bulls bench. Guess he forgot about the trade for a second there.
- 20:53 - As nice as Blakeney has been, he shouldn’t be going straight iso and taking a tough jumper.
- 20:53 - Mirotic swatted by RoLo!!!
- 21:04 - That was a beautiful drive by Jrue Holiday. Got Arci on his back, faked the past to AD to freeze Lopez in place, and allowed Arci to catch up just enough to take the contact for the and-1.
- 21:17 - Bulls were able to hang around down six for awhile, but ultimately, they could never capitalize on the opportunities they had. On another note, LaVine just has such poor body language. Bulls are paying him the money of a leader, but in no way does he lead this team besides the fact he scores a lot.
✖︎ Final ✖︎
Bulls 98 - 107 Pelicans