The Independent Variable
- 2019-05-30 - The trophy is two feet tall and is made of 15.5 pounds of sterling silver and vermeil with a 24 karat gold overlay. The trophy is manufactured by Tiffany & Co. The championship team maintains permanent possession of the trophy.
- 2019-06-05 - Ironsworm Solo Tabletop RPG via: @herself
- 2019-06-05 - Tank man at Tiananman Square
- 2019-06-07 - The Primary Forests - OO 10 Mar 19 - The role of the critic. Actually important. Critics and theorists excavate up the bones and traces of a thing so that they can be understood in new ways. It’s the work of a public intellectual. It’s not done for the creator, or at the creator, or about the creator - it’s about the work and for the world. Does that sound grandiose? Tough. Some things are big. Own it. I wish more people paid for that sort of thing in these days, so critics and theorists could develop a voice and mature.
- 2019-06-07 - Speculative Negativity - OO 3 Mar 19 - A thing I used to do, when I was young, was write comics scripts just for myself. A comics script is only ever half a piece of work, of course. But it was a way of teaching myself how to get ideas down on the page with clarity, and something to ruminate on, revisit and improve. I can see a day coming where I’ll start doing that again. Just writing scripts for myself. Telling myself stories. All the things just too uncommercial, hermetic or arcane to ever see publication in my lifetime. Sounds to me like a fun way to pass the quiet hours. If you’re trying to write comics, try this for yourself: write a script, put it away for two weeks and don’t look at it, then pull it out and try to draw it yourself with stick figures. Give it a go one day, see what happens. I bet you’ll learn things.
- 2019-07-16 - Still not sure what I’m doing with this page 🤷♂️