The Independent Variable
👨💼 Life Update - Sept 2020
September 22, 2020
- Finally received a couple offers for the condo and accepted one. Should get out of this place without owing anything and may even end up with a little something to line my pockets with.
- Closing is set for October 23 as long as nothing goes wrong (knock on wood.) 🤜🪑
- Now we are trying to find a place in Seattle, preferably Ballard/Green Lake/Fremont area.
- Taking a quick trip out there in early October to check out neighborhoods and units where possible.
- Hoping to be able to drive straight from Chicago on closing to Seattle and move in right away.
- Still no luck on the job front and everyone at my company who was furloughed will be officially laid off on November 8… Actually picked up my things from the office today since I haven’t been in there since permanent WFH started way back some eight years ago when quarantine started.
- I’ve interviewed at a few places, but nothing passed the second interview unfortunately…
- Not being in Seattle yet seems to be a minus for the places I have interviewed with, which is a little dumb since they are 100% remote at the moment anyways, but I guess they don’t trust I’ll actually make the move.
- Rejection notices for positions I’m absolutely qualified for, before even getting a screening call, are super depressing.
- I have two solid referrals at Amazon and T-Mobile for jobs I’m definitely qualified for so I’m hoping I get some bites on one of those two, but have also applied to probably close to 100 jobs at this point.
- This would be much easier if we didn’t have a lockdown so I could at least snag a bartending job somewhere once we make the move.
- Great Notion is opening a taproom in Ballard soon and snagging something - anything - there would be awesome.
- Well… if you know anyone who knows anyone hiring a Business Analyst or Program Manager in Seattle or remote let me know…