The Independent Variable
🏛 Please Don’t Vote Third Party
1 September 2020
- If your views are left leaning, you are taking away a vote from the only realistic shot of getting Trump out of office.
- Given the state of the world with COVID-19, we are going to see the largest surge of mail-in voting ever. There is a large chance hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of ballots get tossed because of errors, tardiness, etc. In the primary, California tossed 100,000 due to errors. Ohio tossed 1 out of every 100.
- Since there will be votes lost, and polls show democratic voters more than twice as willing to use mail-in voting, it doesn’t matter if you are in a swing state or not.
- People willing to vote Green are probably 10x more likely to be from the left than right.
- If your goal is for the possibility to have third parties have a real shot at winning, taking votes away from the democratic candidate does not achieve you goal, but only helps keep the Trump dynasty live and well.
- We have two parties because of the voting system. See the way they vote in France for a system that allows for many parties. while France’s system isn’t perfect, something similar to a two-round system is required before a third party will ever have a real shot.
- To achieve this, organize around the voting system, make this a priority every year, but vote for the candidate that won’t give us four more years of Trump.
Just a reminder:
Edit: I would never claim to know better than anyone else, if you feel a vote for third party is what�s best for the country so be it. In my opinion, we are in unprecedented times and building a movement of the People�s Party, which is a great idea, but if the common thread of those supporters starts to become vote Green, then the consequences could be tire. Margins are tight, but do what you feel is best for the country as a whole.