Arrest the Cops Who Shot Breonna Taylor and Jacob Blake
⚽️ Liverpool vs Everton - Live Weblog
December 2, 2018
Firing this up early to get some thoughts down on the Arsenal vs Tottenham game, which is pretty crazy right now.
Arsenal vs Tottenham
- 09:12 - First goal of the game went to Arsenal on a penalty shot due to a handball. It was hard to tell if the Spur player actually touched it with his hand but he was ridiculously waving it up in the air on a corner kick so it’s hard to blame the ref for calling it. Aubameyang knocked it in with a low ball to the left side while the Spur keeper dove to the other side.
- 09:14 - Second goal of the game came from Dier to even it up at one. Dier’s goal came from a near side header off of an Eriksen corner kick. It probably should’ve been saved by Leno, but the ball just edged him out.
- 09:15 - After the Dier goal, a scuffle occured as Dier and the Spurs celebrated in the corner, giving the home Arsenal supporters a 🤫 near where the Arsenal bench was warming up. The Arsenal bench did not take kindly to it and Dele Alli seemed to be right in the middle of it.
- 09:20 - Shortly after another scuffle occured on the pitch. Mustafi for Arsenal seemed to be shoving Spurs players for no reason. Something must have upset him but it was hard to tell. Kolasinac from Arsenal was also involved and Dele was once again involved with his teammate Sissoko.
- 09:24 - Final goal of the first half came off a Harry Kane penalty shot to give the Spurs a 2-1 lead. Son drew a penalty in the box from Holding. It was a very slight foul, but Holdijg did appear to clip Son’s foot on the tackle. Kane easily put it in the back of the net very similarly to Aubameyang’s penalty.
- 09:30 - Aubameyang opened up scoring in the second half, to even the score at two on a beautiful strike from outside the box. Arsenal has been the better team thus far. They dominated the first half, getting unlucky to fall behind. In the second half they have controlled the ball as well.
- 09:41 - Lacazette with the slow roller outside the box to put Arsenal up 3-2. He slipped while striking it so he didn’t get the power he wanted on it but it skimmed off of Dier, putting it just wide enough outside of Lloris’ reach, off the post and in.
- 09:42 - I’m a big fan of Lacazette. He’s so good with the ball on the wing. The combo of him and Aubameyang up front are a big reason Arsenal have been able to come back from their slow start.
- 09:44 - Another Arsenal goal, this time from Torreira. Arsenal goes up 4-2 now, which is a much more fitting score given the way Arsenal have dominated the game.
Liverpool vs Everton
- 10:26 - I like the lineup Klopp has gone with today. Even with their three-headed attack, Liverpool has struggled scoring. So Salah is playing up top with Shaqiri joining Firmino and Mane as the attacking “midfield”. Fabinho and Wijnaldum follow-up behind as the defensive midfield and the usual defense of van Djik, Gomez, Robertson and Arnold.
- 10:28 - Liverpool is knocking on the door as both Salah and Shaqiri have sent in good balls to Mane. One went over and the other was just out of the reach of Mane.
- 10:37 - Amazing chance for Everton. Allison is just able to get his body in front of a point blank header, and then as the ball rolled towards the goal line, Gomez is able to get a foot on it and clear it away.
- 10:45 - Nice strike from Firmino from outside of the box but Pickford is able to get infront without too much hassle to knock it down and secure the ball.
- 10:50 - Pass from Salah to Shaqiri ends up with a one on one opportunity but Shaqiri didn’t seem like he could get the step he wanted and Pickford was able to get in front and deflect it out for a corner.
- 10:51 - Walcott able to get past Allison on a run through the box but his touch is a little too long, going out for a goal kick.
- 11:02 - Both teams have been able to effectively move the ball forward, but both defenses have made some great plays to keep either team from converting their chances.
Liverpool 0-0 Everton
- 11:28 - Ball is bouncing around beautifully right now. Lots of precision passes covering a good distance of ground. The game is moving at a high lace. A goal for one side or the other should be nearing.
- 11:30 - Shaqiri looked like he might have an opening at the top of the box but both attempts were quickly sent back by the closest defender.
- 11:32 - Nice, slow give-and-go between Mane and Salah ends up with a strike from Mane at the top of the box, just missing the upper right corner of the goal.
- 11:41 - Nice passing from Robertson to Shaqiri, back to Robertson who pays the ball in front of the goal, just outside the reach of a sliding Mane.
- 11:42 - Liverpool has done a better job this half of protecting the box. The first half, Everton created numerous chances inside the box. This half, every time Everton gets close, Liverpool has done a much better job squashing it and clearing the ball.
- 11:45 - Keita on for Shaqiri for Liverpool’s first sub. He’s not as explosive as an offensive player but a rested player can sometimes make the difference.
- 11:48 - Sturridge coming on for Salah. Hopefully he can work some magic with a strike before this one wraps up. He has fifteen minutes plus stoppage time.
- 11:50 - Richarlison is tired of Liverpool’s possession, so he charges back to get the ball and forces Cabinho to foul him, resulting in a yellow card for Fabinho.
- 11:57 - Origi coming on for Firmino. First time I can recall seeing Origi on the pitch for Liverpool.
- 12:08 - LIVERPOOL GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 12:09 - Honestly not even sure how that happened.
- 12:12 - In the fifth stoppage time minute (of four) Liverpool won a free kick. Arnold got ready to take it until Allison charged up, took the free kick only to give Arnold a nice leading pass forward. Arnold sent the ball into the box, an Everton header sent it back out to van Djik, whose volley was timed poorly, skying the ball in the air. It start to come down right on top of the crossbar, Pickford puts his hands up to ensure nothing sneaks in, but in doing so, keeps the ball in play, and Origi is there to tap it in.
- 12:13 - After the goal, Klopp charged the field to celebrate with Allison. Great to see.
Liverpool 1-0 Everton
- 12:14 - I was about to say how disappointed I was Liverpool wasn’t going to take three points against Everton, but somehow, they ended up with three. Amazing.
- 12:15 - Everton defenders just watched Origi and Sturridge approach the goal as the ball came down. Poor defending. Have to see the play through to the end.
- 12:15 - Even if it’s a crazy play that goes out of bounds 99/100 times.