The Independent Variable
🏈 Bears vs Green Bay Packers - Live Weblog
December 16, 2018
Big game for the Bears today. A win clinches a spot in the playoffs. To do it versus the Packers would make it that much sweeter.
- 12:06 - First pass attempt for Trubisky ends up with a thirty yard gain to Robinson.
- 12:16 - Mack sack to force a fourth down. He continues to dominate. Help from Roquan Smith forcing Rodgers to bounce out of if the pocket slightly.
- 12:20 - I like seeing Howard get a lot of touches early. He’s a power horse and it opens up so much more for the offense to be dynamic. Makes space for Cohen, gives Trubisky room to roam. When they don’t get Howard touches, their offense falls stagnant much quicker.
- 12:22 - Another good run for a first down by Howard.
- 12:27 - And Howard for the score going nine yards on first down.
- 12:32 - Rodgers drops the ball off the Williams who is able to carve out twenty yards through the Bears defense.
- 12:37 - Another sack on third down. Mack kind of falls down backwards on Rodgers, Nichols is there to assist as well.
Packers 0-7 Bears
- 12:49 - Rodgers doing what he does well, taking what the Bears giving him, moving up field seven yards at a time…
- 12:50 - Lynch taking down Williams in the backfield for a loss.
- 12:51 - Crosby knocks down the 41-yard field goal attempt to cut the Bears lead to four.
- 13:00 - Trubisky able to escape the sack and get the ball out to Shaheen to convert on third down.
- 13:01 - Packers have been all over Cohen so far. I’d like to see them continue to pound it with Howard and use Cohen as an escape valve. Cohen hasn’t seen open field at all thus far.
- 13:05 - Bears special teams able to pin the Packers at the two yard line on McDonnell’s punt.
- 13:12 - Cohen able to find space past the line for 20 yards to get to the Packers 30 yard line with a minute left in the half.
- 13:16 - Cohen with the catch and dives towards the corner, spreading out the extend over the goal line for the touch down.
Packers 3-14 Bears
- 13:45 - Rodgers able to move the ball well from the GB 25 to the Bears 30, but once again the Beara keep GB out of the Red Zone, and more importantly the End Zone, and hold strong on third down to force another Crosby Field Goal.
- 13:52 - Bears fake punt fails, giving the Packers the ball at midfield. Never a good idea to give Rodgers good field position…
- 13:58 - Rodgers goes deep to Adams setting them up in good position.
- 13:58 - William able to walk it in on 1st and goal from the nine. Expect the Packers to go for two here to tie it up.
- 13:59 - Packers concert for two, Rodgers to Adams to tie the game at fourteen.
Packers 14-14 Bears
- 14:14 - Wildcat formation with Cohen handing off to Howard leads to a fumble and a turnover. Not looking good so far this quarter, only a minute in.
- 14:23 - Packers defense getting killed with flags this possession allowing the Bears to move up the field effortlessly.
- 14:24 - Trubisky to Trey for the TD to give the Bears a lead once more 21-14.
- 14:29 - One more for Mack. Third sack of the night for him. Four total today for the Bears.
- 14:30 - Hicks gets his hand up to deflect the screen attempt forcing fourth down once again.
- 14:31 - Cohen with the huge punt return bringing it all the way to the fifteen yard line in Packer territory. 44 yard return in total.
- 14:34 - Three more points for the Bears to go up ten. Thought Nagy was actually going to go for it on 4th and 1 there. Glad he took the three points, although they almost let the play clock expire.
- 14:45 - Eddie Jackson with the interception as Rodgers went for the end zone on 3rd and goal. That should secure the game and a playoff spot for the Bears. Jackson came up limping. Hopefully he is okay.
Packers 17-24 Bears